Tuesday, March 27, 2012

backup sql server database in hosting environment?

I am new to database.

I have a website in a hosting environment and it uses sql server 2005 databases. I want to have a complete backup of my database in addition to the hosting company's routine backup. I want to write a program to automatically backup everything every night. And of couse have the ability to restored the whole database if necessary.

How should I do it? Are there any tools exist that I can use? What is the best way to deal with backup/restore in hosting environment?

Thanks!

Why not just schedule the backup task to be execueted every night? In Enterprise Manager, right click a database->choose Backup->check the Schedule checkbox in the General tab->Customize the schedule as you like.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment