Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Backup SQL Server 2005

Hi,

I created a job to backup my database. Sometimes I get the following error:
The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (DOMAIN\Administrator) of job Backup.Subplan_1 has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'DOMAIN\Administrator'<c/> error code 0x54b. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 15404))

I already deleted the job and made it again. Same problem. I don't get that error every day. For example: I got it 4 times last month.

Does anybody know what I can do to resolve the error?This appears to be a problem with AD. I would guess the job is not able to authenticate itself, or query information from AD. That said, it REALLY a bad idea to run jobs as Domain Admin. You should use service accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment