Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Backup SQL 2005 to SQL 2000

Hi,
Is there anyway to restore a database that was created on SQL 2005 into SQL
2000. We have a database that I have been doing some testing on, on SQL 2005
and need to restore it back to SQL 2000 but keep getting various messages.
I have read that there is no way to do this but thought I would drop a
message in here first to confirm this or to find a way to do it?
Thanks
MikeYour question is already answered in your prior post.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"sonicm" <sonicm@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6C40D5E5-325E-429B-AF38-ED1DCA162AFA@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> Is there anyway to restore a database that was created on SQL 2005 into SQ
L
> 2000. We have a database that I have been doing some testing on, on SQL 20
05
> and need to restore it back to SQL 2000 but keep getting various messages.
> I have read that there is no way to do this but thought I would drop a
> message in here first to confirm this or to find a way to do it?
> Thanks
> Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment