Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Backup SQL Server DB on Network Drive Big Problem. Please help

Hi All,
I want to using T-SQL execute BACKUP DATABASE command job on the SQL
Server Agent. But, it occured the following error:
My Job Owner is "sa", Category is Database Maintenance
My execute command is ..
BACKUP DATABASE NorthWind TO DISK = '\\servername\Backup\NorthWind.BAK'
The job failed. The Job was invoked by User Machine\Administrator.
The last step to run was step 1 (DBt Backup).
Please advise.Hi
Make sure that your SQL Server Services are running under a Domain Account
and that the user has correct permissions to the share.
To see the error message, run the T-SQL from Query Analyser.
Regards
Mike
"Kelvin" wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to using T-SQL execute BACKUP DATABASE command job on the SQL
> Server Agent. But, it occured the following error:
> My Job Owner is "sa", Category is Database Maintenance
> My execute command is ..
> BACKUP DATABASE NorthWind TO DISK => '\\servername\Backup\NorthWind.BAK'
> The job failed. The Job was invoked by User Machine\Administrator.
> The last step to run was step 1 (DBt Backup).
> Please advise.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment