Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BackUp question

He evryone
I need help about backup. I have a several questions about this
situation.
In Database Maintenance Plan i created plan for backup some database.
BackUp occurs every day at 01.00h, on disk to some directory on the
network. I checked option Remove files older then
(3 days). DMPlan created for me job that works backup. Job creates new
bak file every day and remove files older than 3 days. So, i always have
3 .bak files in the backup directory.
But if I create job by myself with standard backup statement (back up
database ...) , i can put with noinit option so i will append .bak file
to .bak file and i will have only one file in backup directory.
1) If i use the DMPlan how can i use with noinit option?
2) If i use BackUp Database statement how can i remove files older than
some days?
3) What is better solution, keep 3 or more diferent .bak files or only
one with noinit option?
Thanks
Alex
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!acko
http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sql_server_administration_best_practices.htm#Step1
--administaiting best practices
"acko bogicevic" <aconi2002@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:eDKcIMe#DHA.220@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> He evryone
> I need help about backup. I have a several questions about this
> situation.
> In Database Maintenance Plan i created plan for backup some database.
> BackUp occurs every day at 01.00h, on disk to some directory on the
> network. I checked option Remove files older then
> (3 days). DMPlan created for me job that works backup. Job creates new
> bak file every day and remove files older than 3 days. So, i always have
> 3 .bak files in the backup directory.
> But if I create job by myself with standard backup statement (back up
> database ...) , i can put with noinit option so i will append .bak file
> to .bak file and i will have only one file in backup directory.
> 1) If i use the DMPlan how can i use with noinit option?
> 2) If i use BackUp Database statement how can i remove files older than
> some days?
> 3) What is better solution, keep 3 or more diferent .bak files or only
> one with noinit option?
> Thanks
> Alex
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment