Thursday, March 22, 2012

Backup Schedule Troubles

Some how, I've managed to create a backup (disk backup) with three different
schedules. At 6pm each day, the database backups three times (three
different names).
What I'd like to have is... each Monday the previous Monday's backup would
be overwritten, each Tuesday the previous Tuesday's backup would be
overwritten, etc...
Now, I can't figure out how to remove the schedules, as it appears that I
only see one schedule and destination when I go in to the backup.
How do I get to a "clean slate" and accomplish my ideal backup scenario.
Thanks.Check under management, SQL Server Agent, Jobs.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"09evaca" <09evaca@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D8D3EAF7-90A5-495C-B9D5-37E933FDF24A@.microsoft.com...
> Some how, I've managed to create a backup (disk backup) with three different
> schedules. At 6pm each day, the database backups three times (three
> different names).
> What I'd like to have is... each Monday the previous Monday's backup would
> be overwritten, each Tuesday the previous Tuesday's backup would be
> overwritten, etc...
> Now, I can't figure out how to remove the schedules, as it appears that I
> only see one schedule and destination when I go in to the backup.
> How do I get to a "clean slate" and accomplish my ideal backup scenario.
> Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment