Sunday, March 25, 2012

Backup sizes

We use LiteSpeed backups and was wondering if there is a way in one of those
msdb backup tables that shows me the size of the compressed backups for each
of my dbs?
If so, whats the query?
All i want to know is name of db and its backup size.Take a look at this script:
http://www.sqlcommunity.com/Default.aspx?grm2id=50&tabid=56
Thank you,
Saleem Hakani (World Wide SQL Server Community)
HTTP://WWW.SQLCOMMUNITY.COM
SQLTips, Scripts, Discussions, Radio, Blogs, Articles and a lot more of SQL
Fun.
"Hassan" wrote:
> We use LiteSpeed backups and was wondering if there is a way in one of those
> msdb backup tables that shows me the size of the compressed backups for each
> of my dbs?
> If so, whats the query?
> All i want to know is name of db and its backup size.
>
>|||Saleem this script shows me the actual database size , but I am using
LiteSpeed backup and when i compare the output of your results to the size
on disk, they are different. Your output gives me the size assuming I do a
native backup and not SQL.
How can i get the sizes of the backups that I am using and in this case
LiteSpeed ? are there special LiteSpeed tables ?
"Saleem Hakani" <SaleemHakani@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3AE9390E-886F-4CAB-8E3B-F06E0BDB0801@.microsoft.com...
> Take a look at this script:
> http://www.sqlcommunity.com/Default.aspx?grm2id=50&tabid=56
> Thank you,
> Saleem Hakani (World Wide SQL Server Community)
> HTTP://WWW.SQLCOMMUNITY.COM
> SQLTips, Scripts, Discussions, Radio, Blogs, Articles and a lot more of
> SQL
> Fun.
>
> "Hassan" wrote:
>> We use LiteSpeed backups and was wondering if there is a way in one of
>> those
>> msdb backup tables that shows me the size of the compressed backups for
>> each
>> of my dbs?
>> If so, whats the query?
>> All i want to know is name of db and its backup size.
>>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment