Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Backup questions

I just new to MS SQL Server 2000 and would like to clarify what I was
confused:
What should I do if I want to do a full backup at Sunday 5 pm, differential
backup Monday to Friday and transaction log every 4 hours Monday to Friday.
Should I do that by setting up in Database Maintenance Plans
OR
Backup
under the Management folder in Enterprise Manager ?
Does anyone has a pointer to this typical backup steps please ?Alan
Visit at
<http://vyaskn.tripod.com/ sql_serve...r />
.htm#Step1
> --administaiting best practices
"Alan" <NOSPAMalan_pltse@.yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:eYbhNktyEHA.2752@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I just new to MS SQL Server 2000 and would like to clarify what I was
> confused:
> What should I do if I want to do a full backup at Sunday 5 pm,
differential
> backup Monday to Friday and transaction log every 4 hours Monday to
Friday.
> Should I do that by setting up in Database Maintenance Plans
> OR
> Backup
> under the Management folder in Enterprise Manager ?
> Does anyone has a pointer to this typical backup steps please ?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment