Friday, February 24, 2012

Backup Maintenance PLan on sql2005

Good day community, I have a list of plans of maintenance in a server and want to put these plans exactly in another server, someone can indicate me as extract a copy of the plans of mantenimeinto and I load them in another server? Thank you.

This is one of the reasons I never use maintenance plans. You will find it much easier to write your own jobs to do backups, index rebuilds, update statistics etc. At least these jobs can easily be moved/ copied to a new server. I have had problems with maintenance plans going missing, That is the job remains and works but there is no maintenance plan listed in EM. I have given up on this flacky and inflexible feature. I have created jobs to do the full and transaction backups, as well as checking which tables have indexes that need to be rebuilt and doing only those ones rather than all of them. It is much easier to modify or copy these jobs than work with maintenance plans.

It would be nice if there were a way to transfer maintenance plans but I don't believe there is

|||Thanks.|||

Connect to the server, using the "Integration Services" pulldown instead of the "Database Engine" pulldown. Drill down to the MSDB object and open it up - you'll find your maintenance plan in there. Right-click it and select "Export". Do the same on the other server, except select "Import" on the last step.

Buck Woody

|||There is - see my post below.|||Very good, Thank you for the help, the problem is that it could not open the node of msdb, checking the documentation it was because in the file: MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml, was: <ServerName>.</ServerName> and the correct is: <ServerName> INVENT\SQL_DEVELOPER </ServerName>, bears in mind that the server is local.

No comments:

Post a Comment