Saturday, February 25, 2012

backup of database problem

i'm trying to backup a database on sql2000.
i go right click on the database, all tasks, backup database, and when i
want to add a location, it only gives me the directories of the server(our
file server) where the databases reside on.
how can i change my location ?
looking in my computer it has a mapped drive that i want to use, but it
keeps showing me the file server, and i want to backup it on another server.
any help will be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
yanchriType in the UNC path, and make sure that the SQL server service has permissi
ons on the share.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Yanchri Gerber" <yg@.greenafrica.co.za> wrote in message news:cmffp8$l3h$1@.ctb-nnrp2.saix.ne
t...
> i'm trying to backup a database on sql2000.
> i go right click on the database, all tasks, backup database, and when i
> want to add a location, it only gives me the directories of the server(our
> file server) where the databases reside on.
> how can i change my location ?
> looking in my computer it has a mapped drive that i want to use, but it
> keeps showing me the file server, and i want to backup it on another serve
r.
> any help will be greatly appreciated
> thanks in advance
> yanchri
>

No comments:

Post a Comment