Saturday, February 25, 2012

Backup of Database and Trans Log.

Is there anyway in SQL to backup the Database and Transaction log without truncte the Transaction log? :o. I would like to keep all or as much of the Transaction log info as possable. I know the Trans log will get large but HD space is not a problem. I use the transaction log to report field changes usung Log Explorer.

ThanksLuke...I am your father...

Give in to hate..with your power you can defeat the emperor...

Oh sorry...

Why don't you just use a hammer to do that...|||Come on...I thought that was funny.

You should NOT do what you're doing.

As part of Good database maintenance you should clean up.

Reporting is precious little when the whole damn thing comes crashing down...|||The Dark side is powerful! maybe to powerful.

What do you recommed for my problem, Atasol 30? I really need to keep the Transaction logs accessible to Log Explorer even if there in chunks of week or month periods.|||lumigent log explorer can read backed up tlogs right out of the bak file.
there is no reason not to allow the truncate to continue.|||Ruprect, thats were I run into trouble. I make a complete back using SQL and Log Explorer says there is no LOG to be used. There is just a database and only a few transaction in the log. I'm using FULL recovery on the Database.|||call lumigent cust svc
tell them you want your money back..
something will happen.|||I'm curious...have you ever backed up your database?|||I backup the database daily with Backup Exec and SQL Database Maintenance. Just the database, they don't create any checkpoint or truncate the Trans Log.
What would be the best route in backing up the trans log for use with Log Explorer?

Hell is empty,
And all the devils are here.|||Never had the need for Log Explorer, but IU would do as suggested and contact them...I've spoken with a couple of their guys on behalf of some other "dbsa" here...

Depending on the db, I dump my tranny logs anywhere between 4 hours up to every 10 minutes|||I give Log Explorer support a call. Thanks for all the help

No comments:

Post a Comment