Saturday, February 25, 2012

Backup of mssql server in LAN

hi everyone,
I am trying to backup and restore mssql server using VDI Interface.
Where i can list the no. of sqlserver's in LAN.
To backup and restore, i have to separately run my application in
individual machines where
mssql server was installed. I would like to configure backup and
restore mssql server available in connected LAN, and to control in one
machine using only one application in only one machine.
I am getting GetConfiguration method of VDI API time out while trying
to connect mssql server another machine.
vds->GetConfiguration(INFINITE, &config)
never times out but for more than half an hour couldn't get connected
with mssql server
running in another machine.
I would like to get a solution to connect all mssql server for backup
and restore from a single
machine in a LAN using VDI API without time out in GetConfiguration
method.
Any Suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance
regards,
deenaHi
As no-one else has replied I thought I would put in my 2c!!
Most backup solutions seem to have an agent component, which would indicate
that it may not be possible to do this. You may have to log a call for this
as it is not a feature that many people would use.
John
"tsgd84@.gmail.com" wrote:

> hi everyone,
> I am trying to backup and restore mssql server using VDI Interface.
> Where i can list the no. of sqlserver's in LAN.
> To backup and restore, i have to separately run my application in
> individual machines where
> mssql server was installed. I would like to configure backup and
> restore mssql server available in connected LAN, and to control in one
> machine using only one application in only one machine.
> I am getting GetConfiguration method of VDI API time out while trying
> to connect mssql server another machine.
> vds->GetConfiguration(INFINITE, &config)
> never times out but for more than half an hour couldn't get connected
> with mssql server
> running in another machine.
> I would like to get a solution to connect all mssql server for backup
> and restore from a single
> machine in a LAN using VDI API without time out in GetConfiguration
> method.
> Any Suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanx in advance
> regards,
> deena
>

No comments:

Post a Comment