Friday, February 24, 2012

Backup not showing in schedule

I am using Sql Server7 and Windows NT.
I am try to do some testing and am trying to set up 3 backups: 1 full, 1
differential and 1 transaction log.
I set up the Full backup and it showed up fine in the Jobs window of EM.
I then have tried about 6 times to do the Differential and it seems to
take file, but it never shows up in the Jobs window.
I am trying to set it up using "Northwind Database-Differential Backup"
(I also tried "Northwind Database-Dif Backup") backing it up to the
"Northwind_Differential" device. I set it up for "Database
Differential", to run daily every 6 hours from 6:00 AM to 6:00:59 PM.
It seems to take it fine, but it never shows up on the Jobs window in EM.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Tom.Perhaps an EM refresh issue?
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at: http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"Thomas Scheiderich" <tfs@.deltanet.com> wrote in message news:3FBAF429.3080806@.deltanet.com...
> I am using Sql Server7 and Windows NT.
> I am try to do some testing and am trying to set up 3 backups: 1 full, 1
> differential and 1 transaction log.
> I set up the Full backup and it showed up fine in the Jobs window of EM.
> I then have tried about 6 times to do the Differential and it seems to
> take file, but it never shows up in the Jobs window.
> I am trying to set it up using "Northwind Database-Differential Backup"
> (I also tried "Northwind Database-Dif Backup") backing it up to the
> "Northwind_Differential" device. I set it up for "Database
> Differential", to run daily every 6 hours from 6:00 AM to 6:00:59 PM.
> It seems to take it fine, but it never shows up on the Jobs window in EM.
> Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
> Thanks,
> Tom.
>|||Could be. It now works. I had set up 3 copies of the differential
which didn't show up right away (even after reboot, if I remember
correctly). Then all of a sudden all three were there.
I'm sure I missed something.
Tibor Karaszi wrote:
> Perhaps an EM refresh issue?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment