Friday, February 24, 2012

BackUp my DataBase on MSSQLServer Express

Hello my friends!

I have designed a database on a SQLServer Express. When I am going to backup it, I provide a filename like as "c:/test.bak" but when executing I recieve a message that SQLServer cannot open the backup device with the name above.

hi,

please verify (via SQL Server Configuration Manager->SQL Server 2005 services->YourSQLInstance->Properties) that the account running the service has enought permissions on the target path...

by default SQLExpress installs setting that account as Network Service and this account does not have that permissions (read-write) outside the instance path.. you can modify the NTFS permissions of the path as well allowing the running account as required..

regards

No comments:

Post a Comment