Saturday, February 25, 2012

Backup of SQL Database using VB 6.0

hi all
Please help me
I want to know how can I take the backup of my database which I've made in SQL Server by using VB as a front end tool.
If any 1 of u can please mail me, I would be thankful :). My email address is love1best@.yahoo.com
JamalJanYour VB could send an SQL script containing the BACKUP command.

blindman|||Originally posted by blindman
Your VB could send an SQL script containing the BACKUP command.

blindman

how ? :(
Pls Explain. If anyone can tell me the codes, I'll be really thankful.

Thanking in Advance.

JamalJan

[love1best@.yahoo.com]|||From ASP:

set execommand = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
execommand.CommandText = "backup database test_db to disk='f:\backup\test_db.bak'"
execommand.execute
set rs=nothing
set execommand=nothing

For VB it is almost the same...|||Originally posted by snail
From ASP:

set execommand = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
execommand.CommandText = "backup database test_db to disk='f:\backup\test_db.bak'"
execommand.execute
set rs=nothing
set execommand=nothing

For VB it is almost the same...

thanks :)

Jani

No comments:

Post a Comment